Letters from a Time Traveler: 7. Dear Miss Ruby


Dear Miss Ruby,

Greetings, my friend! I most certainly hope you are doing well! I believe last time we spoke you said you would be heading home to return to your studies. While I don't know much about those things, I wish you well with them. Truthfully, when it comes to education, I've learned little in my life. I know how to read, write, and a bit about the history of my kingdom. I suppose I've learned more through my travels than I ever have at home. I've learned bits and pieces of different languages, suffixes, and how to survive on my own. They've been helpful enough skills.

By the way, Miss Ruby, I'm in a wonderful mood today! It's an odd thing to admit after having felt dreadful the other day, but I have good reasoning. It's because your friend, Miss Sophie, has come to stay here with me at the ODMA. I was able to meet her today and I'm so very excited! Praise the Sun!!! I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that she's here. Meeting her reminds me of how I felt when I met Sir Shiki Tohno for the first time. Like Sir Shiki, Miss Sophie was a friend of my mother's! She was another precious individual my mother used to speak of in her stories.

Meeting Miss Sophie is like a dream come true, and she's been very kind to me. I do hope the two of us can become friends. In fact, wouldn't it be most pleasant if the three of us could all spend some time together someday? Once I am free of the ODMA, perhaps we could all go on a vacation together, just like we talked about after the Civil War Incident. It would be most wonderful to spend time with the both of you together.

Another thing I wanted to address, how has Lady Weiss been? I hope she's also settled back in at home. I'm considering whether or not I should write to her. Would she even read a letter if she saw it was from me? I do not feel as if she hates me, more that she feels guilty for not having treated me kindly during the Civil War Incident. I hope someday she will realize I don't hold grudges, and that I was being honest with her when I said I wanted to be friends.

That is all I have to say for now. I do hope you take care, Miss Ruby!

--Ilona

Comments

Popular Posts