Letters from a Time Traveler: 4. Dear Sir Minato


Dear Sir Minato,

A part of me wanted to put off this letter, but a part of me was itching so badly to write it I figured you should be the next person I write too. Greetings, Sir Minato! I most certainly hope life is treating you well. By this point, I have to wonder if you and Lady Ciel have married or have even had a child together. Whether that's the case or not, I most certainly could picture you as a father! You did so well comforting and inspiring me as a child when we were both involved in the Fiamma Incident. It's part of the reason I'm so fond of you, even to this day.

Admittedly, you were my childhood crush. It feels strange to write it, but it's much easier to do so knowing I won't send you this letter. I wonder if you ever even realized it? Whether you did or not, it's true. As I mentioned before, I still think fondly of you, so perhaps not much has changed. The only thing that's changed is... I'm older now. Sometimes I wonder if you were to see me now, would I have had more of a chance to gain your attention. While it's silly to admit, sometimes I daydream about traveling back in time, to a time before you knew Lady Ciel, so maybe I could--

It's within my power to do so. I could wave a hand and instantly be in your world, creating a situation for us to meet. While I'm not the best with romance, it'd be fun to at least try and gain your attention. But I won't do it. Surely it would mess up the timeline, yet that's not my main reason. You're an ordinary person, and I'm not. With me, you could never have children or a stable home. The malevolence inside me will forever prevent me from having an ordinary life, a life you could enjoy. My staying away from you is the only worthwhile gift I can give you, so I intend to do just that.

But whether I ever see you again or not, I just hope somewhere deep down you remember me... and know that once upon a time you made a lost little girl very happy and full of hope. You were probably my first love, maybe my last too. If I can help it, it's probably best I refrain from ever falling in love. About the closest I've come in a while is to the point of... admiring someone, a person you know, in fact. However, now isn't the time to be talking about such things! I'll probably never see him again anyhow! So, my friend, I bid thee farewell. Keep your swordsman skills up in case we do ever meet again. I've been practicing over the years, so perhaps now I'll be a more worthy opponent.

--Ilona

Comments

Popular Posts