Complete The Story #4: "Vacuum Cleaner" (OUAT / Captain Swan Oneshot)



*Click the picture to zoom, or see this link for the full-sized image: http://i.imgur.com/E0uy1XR.jpg


"How did you know?" I asked, not sure I wanted the answer. I thought I had been careful. I thought she hadn't noticed my brief loss of composure over something as simple as a loud noise.

"Other than the fact I know you better than you think I do, I could tell you were scared because I saw you flinch," she explained, amusement sparkling in her gorgeous hazel eyes. I quickly tried to brush off her accusation.

"Oh, Swan, I'm afraid you've got it all wrong. Your contraption merely startled me. I've fearlessly braved far louder storms than your little machine."

Emma shot me a knowing smile. "If you say so, Killian," she mumbled with obvious disbelief in her voice. "And, just so you know, this machine is called a vacuum cleaner. It's used to suck dirt off the floor."

I cleared my throat and nodded. "Right, I knew that."

Emma glanced back at her machine. "Okay, well, if it doesn't bother you, I'm just going to keep learning the floor."

Without another word, she grabbed the handle of the cleaner and turned the bloody thing back on. When she did so, I could feel my heart race and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "Wait, Swan!" I cried, stepping toward her so I could place my hand over the hand she was using to move the machine around. My action caused her to turn off the cleaner and leer at me.

I frowned, frustrated to have displayed fear around her. In response, she gave my hand a squeeze and kissed my cheek, instantly cheering me up. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. I just thought your reaction was cute."

I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Love, but I guess there are still a few things in your land I'm not used to yet."

Comments

Popular Posts