Letters from a Time Traveler: 5. Dear Master


Dear Master,

While it has been many years since we've spoken, you've never left my thoughts, dear Master. It is I, Ilona, your student and friend. I've failed to come back and visit you after all these years, and for that I am sorry. After you helped me learn how to control my powers of teleportation I found it difficult to stay in one place. There are so many worlds across the multiverse, so many discoveries to be made, that I can hardly keep myself from holding still. A part of me wishes I would've taken you up on your offer, to capture you in a pokéball and take you with me, but as I said before I feel you are a free spirit and my friend. I could never carry a friend around in any manner of device resembling a small cage.

Lately, Master, I feel myself to be struggling. I miss you so very much, and I can't find a way to fill the hole of loneliness I feel in my heart. I've made friends through my travels, but I've chosen to disconnect from them. It was the right decision for them, but I'm only rewarded for my good deed with pangs of longing. How does one learn to be happy on their own? You've taught me so many things, but I feel this is one thing you never taught me because... there may be no answer.

Right now, I'm in a place called the ODMA. I'm being held here because of the malevolent power inside me. They intend to have me master it before I'm allowed to leave. I feel none of these people understand my power enough, however, to truly know what they should teach me. I'd much rather leave this place and go to you for help again. You're wise, and even if you couldn't teach me yourself I feel you'd know someone who could. Anyhow, regardless of how difficult this is, I'm going to keep working my hardest to learn this power of mine. I'll stay here as long as it takes.

Before I go, I want to leave you by saying... you are my very best friend and I think of you always. I'll never forget how we met, when you rescued me from that Hypno. We've come a long way since then, haven't we? Sometimes I wonder if you've ever met another child like me, a child who needed your help. If that's truly the case, they are one of the luckiest children in the multiverse. I would know, because I also feel myself to be one of the lucky ones. Take care, my friend. I will most certainly visit you again someday.

--Ilona

Comments

Popular Posts