Letters from a Time Traveler: 3. Dear Little Brother


Dear Little Brother,

I'm uncertain how one goes about writing a letter to a person you've never met before, a person who's name you don't even know, yet nevertheless I've decided to do so for your sake. You aren't just anyone, after all, you're my younger brother! I'd like to start by introducing myself. I'm Ilona, your older sister! You'll probably be far too young to understand this letter right now, but I suppose this won't be a problem anyhow. After all, I'm not exactly sending these letters to anyone, am I?

Like you, I come from Arendelle. I was born with a power like magic that took me away from home. But, fear not! I'm not sad, I've got to have many adventures because of this power. I'll be sure to write all about them in these letters. In fact, perhaps I may even send you presents from the other worlds I visit! To do this, however, I may need to know more about you. What are some of your favorite colors? What are your favorite foods? Do you fancy the cold like mother does or the warmth of the sun like father? I look forward to learning more about you someday!

Perhaps, while I'm at it, I'll tell you a bit about myself! Like father, I enjoy the warmth. I have blue eyes, blonde hair, and the elegance of mother. However, I am told my behavior is a bit like our Aunt Anna. I've never met Aunt Anna myself, her spirit went to live with the Sun before I was even born. I hear she was energetic, excited, and perhaps a bit gullible too. So, I suppose I'm like that. My favorite colors are yellow and orange, a soft orange like the sunset. And my favorite foods are... fruits like apples and grapes... I do hope you eat those yourself! They'll aide you in growing to be a healthy, fine young man!

I have a lot more I could tell you about myself, yet I've decided to wait for another time. Right now, I'm busy training to learn how to use my powers at a special place. I'll have a lot of time on my hands to write you things, so I'll be sure to come up with a lot more interesting things to tell you! I have stories about worlds with red skies, magical creatures, pirates, witches, and many special friends I've met along the way. I'm certain mother and father will tell you the same stories they told me of their own heroic friends, but I'd be happy to share mine too. I wish you well, young one.

Your Big Sis,

Ilona

Comments

Popular Posts