Captain Swan Oneshots: Netflix


Here's a little oneshot based on this little scene from season 4 episode 1: https://youtu.be/WI3-Oeent7A Emma brings up the idea of watching netflix to Killian and he states that he doesn't know what it is.

-----

I grasped the television remote in my hand and plopped down on the couch, patting the cushion next to me. "Over here, Hook. I'll show you what Netflix is."

Being someone who comes from a land without technology, Killian didn't exactly know a lot of things about the world I come from. Regardless, he is always willing to try new things. Back when I first told him about Netflix, the man was more than eager to give it a whirl simply because he knew it would be an excuse to spend more time with me. I rather would've been frozen alive by the snow queen to admit it, but I actually found this... cute. Like I'd ever tell him that!

The very curious pirate wandered over to the TV instead of coming to me, nudging the box with his boot. "Is this the Netflix you were telling me about?" he questioned, blue eyes full of wonder like a child's as they turned to look at me. I smirked, loving that I could've told him anything and he would've believed me. But, in this case, I decided not to take advantage of him being naive.

"That's the television. When I turn it on, we can watch Netflix on it. It's kind of like a... library full of movies," I explained.

Finally joining me, Killian wandered away from the TV and sat next to me on the couch. "Got it. And movies are those moving pictures you were telling me about? It sounds bloody confusing to me, but if you say this is a good way to spend time together, I will be more than happy to oblige," he said, his voice lowering to a whisper as he neared the end of his sentence.

The suave pirate attempted to lean in toward me afterwards, his nose nearly touching my cheek and his breath tickling the side of my face. The contact sent a shiver down my spine. I tried to pay him no attention when he did this, making sure to keep my eyes from making contact with his. If I did, I knew I'd get lost in them and probably forget why we had even come to the apartment in the first place.

Instead of giving him attention, I continued to look straight ahead while grabbing his chin and turning it away from me toward the television. "The movie isn't on my face. It'll be on the TV," I told him, keeping my voice flat. I used the remote I had been holding to quickly turn on the TV and set up Netflix, struggling to ignore Killian ogling me while I did so. Turning his chin away from me really hadn't done any good at all.

"Oh, Swan, but your face is surely far better than any movie. I could look at it all day," he said, wiggling his dark eyebrows before swooping in like a ninja to sneak a kiss on my cheek. I froze up when he did this, nearly dropping the remote.

After regaining my senses, I gave him a playful shove as a laugh escaped my lips. "Killian, please! Let me focus for five seconds so I can just pick out a movie or a show for us to watch." Whenever Hook was around, I hated how ridiculously hard it was to focus on anything, even something as simple as choosing a movie on Netflix. He was like an everlasting magnet, always pulling my thoughts and feelings back into his grasp.

Hook chuckled and pulled back from me. "Okay, Swan, have it your way," he told me, actually laying off for a minute or two. It must've been difficult for him. Whenever he was around, it seemed like I was as much of a magnet to him as he was to me.

"Um, lets try this show," I said after a moment, selecting my favorite zombie apocalypse show, The Walking Dead.

"Certainly, Love," he replied, a big smile covering his lips. For someone who had no idea what was going on, he looked perfectly content and happy. It amazed me that someone could be so happy just because they were around... me.

Once I had the show started, Killian placed an arm around me on the back of the couch and scooted closer. This time, his head did face the TV, but I could see his eyes darting between me and the show. "The show is on the screen, not over here," I reminded him, trying not to get distracted myself.

"That may be your opinion," he teased, attempting to keep his eyes on the screen.

As the show progressed, Hook would occasionally ask me a question. By the end of the first episode, however, his foot began to twitch. He was quiet and started to look around the room, his focus not staying on the show. He drummed his fingers on his leg and began fiddling with his hook. I could tell he was getting bored. Curious as to how long he could go without admitting he was bored, I waited. Before I knew it five episodes had passed and he still hadn't said much.

Finally, I paused the show and dropped the remote. I reached over to turn his face toward me, cupping his chin before giving him a semi-passionate kiss. Hook returned the kiss eagerly, smirking when I pulled back. Looking like a perky puppy who had just been given a bone, he said, "It's about time. How about another?" with a wink afterwards.

I smiled. "You're not even going to ask what it was for, are you? It was a thank you. Killian, I can tell you're really into Netflix and that's fine. I just couldn't figure out why you wouldn't express how bored you were until I realized... you were sitting here all this time because of me."

"Aye," he said with a confirming nod. "That I did."

"Why? I mean, there are plenty of other things we could do to spend time together. I didn't mean to bore you to death."

Hook placed a hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye. "Here's the thing, Love, caring for someone means doing things the other person likes too. And I care for you. If you want to sit and watch a movie all day, even if it's not my thing, I'll do it. As long as you're by my side, that's all I need."

I grabbed his collar and kissed him again, letting my emotions do the talking. I could never explain how much it meant that Killian cared about me so much that he was willing to do things he wasn't interested in for my sake. I couldn't even remember the last time someone had done that for me...

When I pulled back from the kiss I touched the side of his cheek. "It's getting late. Wanna... go to bed?" I asked, picking up the remote in my hand again.

He smiled. "Tempting, but why don't you go on ahead and I'll join you later? I'm going to give this... Walking Dead... another try."

I nodded and stood up, kissing him on top of the head. "Oh, sure if that's what you want. I'll leave it on for you." I played the show for him again and left the pirate so I could head to bed.

And so, it turned out, Killian never came to bed. The next morning I woke up and got dressed before heading out to see the one-handed pirate mere inches away from the screen, still watching the show as he sat on his knees. My jaw dropped.

"Killian, don't tell me you've been up all night watching this!"

"Swan, you're just in time!" he exclaimed, excited eyes never leaving the screen for a second. "They just found Sophia in the barn. I knew she would be dead! I just bloody knew it!" He clenched a fist in victory, as if proud of himself for predicting the outcome of the show. "There's no way in hell a child could survive on her own out there with the walkers!" Hook added. He looked like a child, thrilled over Sunday morning cartoons. I couldn't help myself as a laugh escaped my lips.

Dammit, Killian, why do you have to be so adorable sometimes?

"Huh, I guess next time we watch this together you won't have any trouble focusing at all," I teased. And next time, at least I wouldn't feel guilty for making him watch something he wasn't interested in.

Comments

Popular Posts