Captain Swan Oneshots: Date Night


A very happy pair of Charmings walked side-by-side, heading home after a romantic date. They had enjoyed a peaceful dinner together at Granny's and had watched a very magnificent sunset at the beach. It had been quite the relaxing date night, leaving them feeling refreshed and ready to head back home to their little boy.

With one of her arms looped through David's, Snow strolled along slowly with a smile over her rosy lips. "I think that was one of the nicest sunsets we've seen in a while, don't you?" she asked.

David graced his wife with a calm smile and nodded. "Oh, most definitely. It's been such a long time since we've gotten to relax away from Neal--not that I'm complaining. We're lucky Emma was able to watch him for us tonight." 

They were lucky indeed. The Charmings had intended to have Belle watch the baby. It had been planned for quite some time in advance. However, something had come up at the last minute and she wasn't able to babysit. As the couple scrambled to find a replacement sitter, they happened upon Emma--who was willing enough to do one favor for her frazzled parents. 

"How do you think it went? Emma watching Neal?" Snow suddenly questioned her husband, hoping that their daughter would be attentive enough to her little one. As an overprotective mother, Snow couldn't help but worry over it.

"Oh, I'm sure it went just fine. I bet Emma and Hook took great care of him. He'll probably be sound asleep when we get back," David answered, feeling his wife halt to a stop beside him. He glanced at her, frowning at the horrified look on her face.

"Wait just one second. Emma and Hook were watching Neal? When we left him with Emma at our apartment, Hook wasn't there!" she exclaimed.

David smiled sheepishly, now regretting he had let Hook's name slip out of his lips. "Uh, Emma told me Hook would be stopping over later to see her..."

"And you're just telling me this now!?" Snow gasped, her mouth falling open. 

The man sighed and placed his comforting hands on his wife's shoulders. "Calm down. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like Emma would neglect Neal just because Hook is there." 

"Oh, but David, that's exactly what it could be like! You've seen how distracted Emma gets when Hook is around her! What if she forgot to feed Neal or hasn't changed his diaper? She could be... making out with him on the couch or doing... well, you know!" 

The prince puffed out his chest, suddenly looking like an angry bird with his feathers ruffled. "Oh, if that pirate even thinks about laying a hand on my daughter behind my back in my own apartment while I'm away I'll drag him out of there myself and show him what a real left hook looks like!" 

Snow groaned. "David, this is about Neal! For god's sake, Emma is a grown woman. What she does is her own business. I'm more worried about the baby!" 

"Ah, right," David mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. "Let's just hurry home to see what's going on with Em-- I mean, Neal." 

Rolling her eyes, Snow grabbed hold of her husband's hand and tugged it, urging him to head along with her to their apartment. When they arrived at the door, the pair could hear Emma inside giggling wildly while Killian groaned in the background, "Bloody hell! That was the most god-awful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. And I've been around a long time, Love. Ohhh, if only I could wipe this horrible abomination from my memory."

The Charmings shared a confused glance before opening the door and heading inside. "We're home," David called out, gaining no response from Emma and Hook, who were sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Snow said nothing, simply rushing over to check on her son. David stepped toward the couple on the couch, a puzzled expression on his face. "Okay, what exactly is going on here?"

Emma glanced up at her father, struggling to break free from her laughter in order to give him proper response. Hook, on the other hand, said nothing and continued to groan, covering his face with a hand. After a moment of trying to compose herself, Emma was the first one of the two to reply. 

"O-Okay, Dad, I can explain. Killian wanted to see the representation of himself from here in this world so I showed him the Disney Peter Pan movie," Emma finally replied, wiping tears from her eyes. 

Killian dropped his hand from his face and grumbled again. "And it was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. The Crocodile is a literal crocodile, Peter Pan is some kind of hero, and the worst thing of all is... they stripped me of my handsomeness! About the only damn thing they got right was Mr. Smee and he's not even the most important character! This movie makes me out to be a dim witted oaf and a laughing stock. Whoever wrote this shite must've had but half a brain!"

David couldn't help but allow a chuckle to escape his own lips. "O-Oh, well it sounds like you two had quite the evening--" He cut himself off, glancing over his shoulder when he could feel the presence of his wife lingering behind him. Ask them about the baby she mouthed, glaring at him.

Sheepishly, David turned back around and attempted to put on his stern father face. "But enough fun and games. I hope you weren't just goofing off and that you actually took care of Neal while we were out."

Emma smiled. "Oh relax, Dad, I wouldn't forget about my brother. He's just fine. I gave him a bottle earlier and he went right to sleep... even with how loudly Killian has been groaning, Neal never even woke up once."

David's expression softened. "Oh, that's good to hear, right Snow?" he questioned, pulling his wife beside him. 

The princess smiled. "Alls well that ends well. Thanks for you help, Emma. You're more than welcome to go home now." 

Emma nodded and stood up, leaving her pirate behind on the couch so she could hug her parents. "Yeah, well, it was no big deal. Just let me know if you ever need me to watch him again. I'd be more than happy to help."

"Alls well that ends well my ass," Killian grumbled in the background. "Bloody hell, in this realm I'm still a laughing stock." 

Emma wandered back over to her man and grabbed his hand, helping him stand up. "Oh, don't sulk over it. It's only a movie. Besides, even if they had gotten your character right, there's no way they would've been able to capture..." she paused to lean against him and fiddle with the collar of his coat in a flirty manner. "...all of your charm, good looks, and stunning blue eyes." Emma then kissed him on the cheek and nuzzled him with her nose, seeming to instantly perk Hook right up. 

He wrapped an arm around her waist and looked into her eyes. "Mm, tell me more--"

"Okay, you two that's enough! Out, out, out! Your mother told you that you could go home now!" a very testy papa bear fumed in the background, sticking his arm between Emma and Hook before pushing them toward the door. Snow only laughed at David's gesture. 

"Oh, Charming, don't be so dramatic. They've flirted in front of you a thousand times and it never bothered you before." 

"Those times we were either in danger or busy with something else so I didn't really have time to be a true father," he replied after shoving the couple out of his apartment. "It's what a man does," he said, trying to puff out his chest. 

Snow poked at his chest to deflate it and laughed. "Right, right, if you say so," she said in disbelief before heading over to check on her baby again.

Comments

Popular Posts