Letters from a Time Traveler: 6. Dear Sir Mason


Dear Sir Mason,

Admittedly, I'm not in the best of moods today as I write you this letter. I had hoped the first time I would be writing a letter to you, I could muster up enough positivity to seem like the cheerful girl you met before the start of the Civil War incident. But today, I've honestly had a rough day. I feel as if you are someone I can trust, so even if you will never see this letter maybe it'll make me feel better pretending as if I really am writing this to you. I do hope you wont mind, good sir!

This morning, my day started off rather lonely. I had a dream last night where I could see friends from my past, such as Miss Ruby, Sir Shiki, Miss Sakuya, you and others you don't know such as my master, Miss Sora, Miss Ryan, and Sir Minato. They were at a party, and I was trapped in a glass box, watching them. I pounded on the walls of the glass box, yet I couldn't escape. They couldn't see me, nor could they hear me. But they walked about, having fun with one another, fun I couldn't touch. When I woke up, I realized that's how I feel right now. I feel... trapped here. While Miss Lalonde is kind to me, I don't really feel at home yet with the others. Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough... but still, I feel lonely...

I know my stay at the ODMA isn't about me though. I need to learn how to control my powers. Yet, when I make little progress I only feel more frustrated. Today, while training, I made an error. It was an explosion that went off, surrounding myself with flames. I ruined my clothing and ended up with burns over a good portion of my body. Perhaps this was my own fault. It seems whenever I'm emotionally stressed it's only harder for me to have control, and I did start off the day feeling rather unhappy.

Forgive me for rambling. I should at least try to be a bit more positive, yes? On the bright side, I had been meaning to change my clothes for some time now. I've decided to go with a red coat; admittedly, because it reminds me of the pretty red cloak Miss Ruby wears. The coat has cogs designs on it, which I suppose is fitting for a girl with the ability to travel through time. I've also chosen to adorn a pair of sonic goggles given to me by a time lord--an alien from a planet known as Gallifrey--not too long ago. They might be rather useful. They'll help protect my eyes when training, and they're even able to change shape to various other forms of eyewear and headwear. Time lords make some interesting devices.

Anyhow, I spent so much time talking about me that I've failed to ask how you're doing. Sir Mason, I most certainly hope you're doing well, wherever you are. I'm sad that you aren't here with me, but I most certainly hope your life is full of happiness. Perhaps someday we'll meet again. I hope so.

--Ilona

Comments

Popular Posts